Ayako

So I'm about 75 pages into it right now, and I am more interested in it that I thought I'd be. The first few pages, I was kind of bored, but as soon as you find out that the daughter isn't the mom's, everything starts to snowball from there and it gets interesting! The art style also wasn't my favorite, but I love how the 18 year old sister looks. Her hair is beautiful to look at, and the background drawings are very nicely rendered.

I plan on finishing this work! I usually don't finish all the way through for most of the things we read in this class, because that would be an exorbitant amount of pages to read. It does a great job of being captivating right off the bat, and I'm interested to see where it goes. I mainly know that it gets super messed up later on because of the class discussion we had. I think it is also interesting that in this work, almost everyone in the family is messed up in some way. I don't think I consume a lot of content that has that much damage in it all at once, and encompassing a whole family. It is an interesting read, and feels very different to anything I've read before.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oishinbo