Junji Ito

I wish I could read more of his work, but the link on the blog for most of the chapters was either broken or just would never load. I was only able to read the Face one.

Junji Ito is one of the only mangaka names that I know that I hadn't read any works from. It's not that I was uninterested, I just never took the time to read his work. I've always loves his style though. A lot of his stuff plays the line between very stylized, while still keeping a touch a of realism in there. I think his fame has transcended that of just manga. I think this because I always see his work being ripped and put on shirts and other merch. It's everywhere, and highly recognizable. I am able to tell if something is from him without a second thought because of how widespread his work has been for YEARS.

Of the little that I was able to read, I liked the Face Swapper (don't remember the actual title). It is subtle, and while technically horror, I like that it is more conceptual rather than relying on gore.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayako

Oishinbo