Silver Spoon

This manga was not at all what I expected it to be. Based on how everyone was talking about it, I thought it would be really boring and purely factual as opposed to a normal story with factual elements. I was very plesantly surprised! The story starts being interesting right off the bat with a mysterious opening. It also is a lot funnier than I thought it'd be. That being said though, I probably should've expected as much considering that this is the FMA mangaka. I  wasn't expecting this to be just a regular manga at all.

While it has some information, I think the info portions are easier to digest in Oishinbo. It has clear diagram pages dedicated to complex topics, and this manga has some little ones (like for the "chicken anus" lol), but there's a lot of other, more complex stuff that just flies by and feels like too much info. Although, I think this might be on purpose so that the audience feels what the main character is feeling too! Overall, great manga, and I'm excited to keep reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ayako

Oishinbo